Rural Pastor's Talk
Why We NEED MORE Rural Pastors! w/ Special Guest Brad Gray!
Apr 03, 2020
TJ Freeman & Joe Wagner
In this episode we discuss...
why we need more rural pastors by interviewing Brad Gray, former city slicker and pastor of Stonington Baptist Church.
Questions Brad Answers:
- We rural pastors can smell guys like you a mile away. What are you doing in rural Pennsylvania?
- What were you expecting when you thought about leaving the hustling, bustling tropics for rural PA?
- You’re young, you’re in seminary, and a lot of people in your situation go to rural places as a stepping stone to get to “bigger and better” opportunities. Are you here today and gone tomorrow, or is this something you really feel called to?
What have you learned about the need for good churches and good pastors in rural places? Did this surprise you?
- Ministry success is about quiet faithfulness: feeding your flock and making much of Jesus.
- What would you say to someone who is entering ministry, or thinking of transitioning about the potential of serving in a rural place?
- Quickly tell us how you are ministering to your congregation and community during the coronavirus outbreak.
Places to reach Brad Gray:
Links for our Top Two's:
CONTACT (give us feedback, topic ideas, or just say hey)
Call and leave a message at (570) 724-3741
Email: [email protected]